Frequently Asked Questions
2. Where’s the best place to put my tattoo?
That is entirely up to you. If you want it on your lower back there is no point putting it on your shoulder.
3. How much do tattoos cost?
Our minimum charge is $80, and prices go up from there depending on time and work involved. everything plays a factor in the price eg location, size, detail and of course design.
4. Will a crust or scab develop after my tattoo is done?
Yes it is possible but you must not pick at it. Let it fall off naturally. Any picking of your tattoo can result in loss of some of your new tattoo. personal hygiene is number 1 when it comes to the healing of your tattoo.
5. Can I shower with my new tattoo?
Yes, but wash your tattoo gently. Do not scrub it and pat it dry with your towel afterwards.
6. Can I go swimming?
No, swimming at the beach and in pools is not recommended. The water keeps it moist and can result in loss of some of your tattoo.
7. Why is there no question 7?
8. Is everything clean and sterile?
Yes. New needles, colour and colour pots are used for each and every customer and we use an autoclave to sterilize all equipment.
9. Do I have to make an appointment?
Yes, if you want a specific artist to tattoo you. If you have a design that we need to draw up for you that can’t be drawn up on the spot. But walk ins are more than welcome.
10. Do I have to be 18 years old?
YES, YES and YES. And if you’re asked for ID you must show us or NO TATTOO. So bring your ID if you don’t look 18.
11. Can I have a few alcoholic drinks before I get tattooed?
NO. We don’t drink while we’re working so we expect the same. There is no need for you to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. What you do afterwards is entirely up to you but please not in our studio.
12. Can I show my Mum and will she kill me?
Yes you can show her and no she won’t kill you. We have never heard of anybody’s Mum killing their child because they got a tattoo. You might not get any ice cream after dinner though.
13. Who really killed JFK?
We have it on good authority Johnny Casino did it.
14. Does the light go out in the fridge when you close the door?
Yes, but only in new fridges.
15. What is the square root of 3,462?
Don’t know, we’re tattooists not mathematicians.
16. Is there such a thing as time travel?
Yes, after a few problems with our first prototype (The Illustrated Man Time Traveller I ®) we think we have sorted them out with Prototype II (The Illustrated Man Time Traveller II ®). So when we get back from where it takes us, we’ll let you know.